Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Greatest Rap Duos

I think Ima do a lil blog on my favorite rap duos, since Ive been apart of a few like GNC (Game n Ceza) Gold Card Gang (Mike Game n Yolie) and Illprint (Mike Game n K Sleep)

1) Little Brother
They just got this ill chemistry that just always works, like on the Listening, Pooh was clearly not as good as Phonte, but Pooh used the props Phonte was getting and hate he was receiving and just improved, fast forward to last years GetBack, and in my opinion, Rapper Big Pooh had the better verses on half the album.

2) Phife Dawg & Q Tip (Tribe Called Quest)
Now the first ATCQ album (Peoples Instinctive Travels....) was basically a Q Tip solo, I really dont know any songs that Phife was on. But what makes this group special is the same thing that makes me n Sleep special, the balance of two extremes. Phife Digg is always amp'd up excited and loud (like Mike Game), but Q Tip is mellow cool and calm (like K Sleep), and the mix of em its just remarkable. The tag teams they ran on songs like "Check The Rhime" "Electric Relaxation" "Hot Sex On A Platter", was just ill.

3) EPMD
I personally do not like EPMD, I dont hate em, I just dont like alot of shit they do, but this is on here for Sleep, cuz I know he'll read this and bitch cuz they arent on it.

4) Capone-N-Norega (CNN, bitch!!)
WHOA!!! I really cant talk bout how much CNN really shaped the way me n Sleep approach this shit. The War Report is a classic album, Nore just comes with a lighthearted way of telling these street tales, but Capone, that nigga just keeps it real. They new album Channel 10 drops next month, I will be owning it

5) Mobb Deep
Besides the Wu Tang Clan, Mobb Deep is just my favorite rap group ever. They just stay grimey and stay New York. I own every album from Juvenile Hell to Blood Money, got all 3 Prodigy solos and the Havoc solo. Havoc beats just give Prodigy the perfect landscape for street naratives. Then when you throw Alchemist in, its just mayhem all around. Though they have fallen off some (and by they, I mean Prodigy, who used all his rhymes on H.N.I.C.) but I still fucks wit em. Signing to G Unit wasnt perfect in the eyes of the fans, but these dudes been doing it for awhile and it was good to get that big mainstream exposure. But from Juvenile Hell to Murda Muzik, Prodigy >>>>> Havoc, Infamy to Blood Money Prodigy <<<< Havoc

Honorable Mention :
Illprint (Mike Game n K Sleep)
We're just fucking dope

No comments: