Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Finally, Recognition (A CD Tradepost Story)!!!

So yesterday, as I was at work at the CDT visting 2008 Blog Of The Year, Byroncrawford.com, and chatting to my area manager/best friend Josh Stratman, the mail came. It was a package from the CDT Home Office addressed to the former manager (no need to mention her name, for she fucking sucks). Which fucked my soul up, I was like "Why after 2 months as manager dont they fucking just send shit in my name?", whatever. Anyways inside the package was something for who? ME!! Thus making why it wasnt addressed to Mike Guesby even more puzzling. Anywho, it was a card from the President of CD Tradepost saying "Mike, Thanks for the hard over the last year and the extra help at South Rock. I appreciate when people step up to a challenge-Jason". Attached to the card was my One Year Of Service pin. I quickly attached the pin to my Aero polo shirt. I felt proud, for whatever fucking reason. Now, technically I have been with the company for 2 years. I left after almost a year to join the reserves and then got a new job for 2 months then arrived back at my favorite place to be CDT. Before I was manager I was simply labeled as a part timer. Although I often worked 35-38 hours a week. So I pulled out the Employee Handbook, a handbook I make my employees read but have myself never read. So it states after a year of full time service (35 plus hours a week) an employee is eligible for 5 days PAID VACATION. So I am going to fight for the vacation. Though not considered full time, I did work the needed hours. If I dont get vacation, fuck it, Ill just throw a fit. Not like Ill quit, I dont think Im capable of doing anything else. While reading the handbook (which I knew I shouldnt have done), it said I am only allowed 3 smoke breaks a shift. I usually take 6 or 7. Mainly out of boredom, for my store does next to no business, which I love coming from the madhouse that is Pawnee & Seneca. I have already predicted my future. I will manager here for years, then Ill get offered a job at the Home Office, which I will more than likely take. Ill continue to hate life, but will hate it making more money.

Ill tell ya, if I to choose between rap or CD Tradepost, Ill tell ya Im picking CD Tradepost. Last week, a good customer of mine came in wanting a DS Lite for her little girl. I had 3 DS Lite's, but they just came in and I have to hold em for 2 wks so the serials come back clean. She asked if I could hold it, and I said "Sure". So they come in today, the little girl doesnt know what shes getting. Her mom tells me "Go grab it", so I head to the back, and ring up the DS Lite. The little girl just went crazy. She was all happy and excited. But started begging for DS games, and I told the mom "Ooooohh I wanna tell her" she said "No no" and I said "Ima tell her" and the mom said "Ok tell her", and so I asked the girl if she opened all her presents, she said no and that her mom was making her wait. And I said "Well, last week your mom came in and got you 5 DS games, but I wont tell you which ones" then the little girl screamed in excitement, and begged for me to tell her. But I didnt, mainly cuz I dont care to remember the shit customers buy from me. But yeah, thats why I do it. I do it for the smiles on the kids. I also do it because it places the destiny of many a douchebag in my hands. I am what stands between you your crappy items and whatever drug you need to use. See, I determine how much I will pay and if Ill pay anything at all for the shit you bring it. Which is why, if any of the people who sell me shit read this, DONT EVER EVER EVER tell me some sort of sad story or how much you need to do whatever. Because thats mean I start marking shit way the fuck down. Just out of spite. Say what you want bout my life rappers. Theres some of us who dont work 9 to 5's because music has been very kind to them (or in Stephon's case are just douchebags who sponge of they girls mom), theres others that have to work. Thing is, my job is better than yours. Cuz most of you niggas work fast food still, rapping in the back was the fries cook. I on the otherhand I AM THE BOSS!!!

No comments: