Thursday, September 11, 2008

So September 11th Marks The Era, Forever


So Ladies And Gents, today marks the 7th Anniversary of what many would call the darkest day in Modern American History. Not me though, I honestly believed this shit was deserved, its sad 3,000 people died, really sad, but at the same time, the U.S. of A cant go around bullying countries and except zero get back. Plus its a known fact (and by known, it was in a Michael Moore documentary, and we all know Michael Moore is the most reliable source in anything, second to only the Almighty Wikipedia), that this shit was orchestrated. I find it quite odd that the company Dick Cheney is the VP of was also responsible for post-9/11 clean up. More odd that the company is also responsible for the reconstruction of Iraq. Plus, Bush had knowledge of an attack for 3 months prior to the attack. Old Dubya just reckoned that golf and pretzels on Camp David were just more important than, I dont know, NATIONAL DEFENSE.

But this is not a 9/11 post in the way its about those events. 9/11 is the day the TI's noticed a certain camel's drawing appeal....

Enter Jay-Z. After selling over 400,000 copies of The Blueprint the week of 9/11, most of the other artists flopped, and flopped hard. Artists such as P.O.D., Mariah Carey, Bob Dylan, Babyface, and Nickelback (though the P.O.D. and Nickelback albums proved to be post-9/11 Billboard Beasts), did not post up the 1st week numbers of Jay Hova.

Why? Because the hood was hurting too. We needed an escape from 24 hr news coverage on every channel (I think this was the only time in history BET showed something of somewhat substance, a week later though, Parkers marathon). So we went and bought the Blueprint. We listened and escaped the world of domestic terrorism and entered Jay's world of Cristal, Girls,Girls,Girls, and Fucking Nas's babys mama.

Then magically, after Blueprint, Jay-Z became known as the greatest rapper in life ever. And we all had to strive to be like Jay-Z. Theres alot of rappers I know, both locally, and mainstream (**cough** Young Chris, Lil Wayne, Fabolous **cough**) who tried hard to emulate Jay-Z. We all boarded that Roc-A-Fella Train. They were the greatest label ever in rap. I wont lie, I did, and still own every Roc-A-Fella release, all the Jay-Z albums, all Beanie Sigels, all Memphis Bleek, Amil's cd, both State Property's (films and albums), both Young Gunz, both Freeways, all 3 Kanyeezy's, Streets Is Watching (film and soundtrack), and Backstage (film and soundtrack). Fuck son, I represented.

Jay-Z, I want my fucking money back you punk bitch. You had me fooled. You made me believe Roc-A-Fella would last forever. You made me believe once my bars were perfected I had a chance to sign to the Dynasty. You made me believe that I had to wear Rocawear and S. Carters. I hate you. And on top of that, after getting me hooked on the Roc Life, what do you do?! WHAT DO YOU DO?! You retire. It was sad day for hip hop. Then you sell out Dame and Biggs. And then insist Bleek and Young Gunz put out underpromoted albums. But, in all fairness, Memphis Bleek's album wasnt bad at all, he just gets slept on.

Then you come back out of retirement with that bullshit ass Kingdom Come. Nigga you compare yourself to Jordan so hard. Kingdom Come and American Gangsta, is you as Jordan, but on the bitch ass Wizards. Your guest appearences on other rappers records is like the All Star game when Kobe crossed and then hit that jumper on Jordan.

You do anything for any amount of money any TI throws your way. It's disgusting. You still rep Marcy, though you are totally Park Avenue these days.

I hate you Jay-Z, and want you to die

No comments: