Wednesday, August 27, 2008

R.I.P. Gold Card Gang

Well, after a brief discussion with the Illprint Brain Trust, Ive decided my time with the World Famous Gold Card Gang has ended. The street album "Members Only" will always have a place in my heart, but I dont think it was what I needed to be doing. On top of that, my boy Yolie is off doing his own thing so I think its best that it just end. Now, the facilities are always open for my boy. Ill still be recording Yolie projects and may collab on a song or two, but as a group, that shit is dead.

I lost focus of whats most important, Illprint GSC. Members Only not only got me in with a different fan base, but it also alienated me from my brother-in-bars, Crysist. He thought it was the polar opposite of what me Sleep and himself built Illprint upon. Just raw lyricism and dope beats. We were supposed to be branches from the tree of Nas, Rakim, AZ, Wu Tang, EPMD, Big Daddy Kane, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, KRS-One and the likes. Instead, we ended up doing midwest gangsta rap. Now, trust me Im not hating it by any means. Ive done the dirt I talked bout on Members Only, well I didnt beat up Bling or XV nor did I put Rookie in the hospital (pardon me guys, the auro of beef was heavy, but I respect yal and am glad to call yal my peers), but the drug talk was something I did in my past aka b.k. (before kansas). Now Kortez and Crysist liked it, but they want more of P.L.O. Style (my 2006 mixtape with me rapping bout my day-to-day over 9th wonder beats), which is classic for the topic matter and beat selection. But my flow on that was lazy as well as the overall sound quality.

Enter Reckless Abandon, what was supposed to be me over rock influenced beats has turned into a revisiting of P.L.O. Style so to speak. With a charged up flow, a variation of styles, its sure to please. See, Ive always placed myself in the upper echelon of MC's. But often failed to show and prove. Im sorry for that yal, I know people hear the King MC talk but often wonder why. Dont worry, I will show why I am the King MC.

Splitting time between work and Reckless Abandon, me and K Sleep are working on the debut Illprint group offering, Definate Supremacy, as K Sleep's debut mixtape "K Sleep Wins...Fatality Bitch".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yo i was thinkin, and i thought of the ILLEST title for my mixtape....

peep it :

"it takes a planet of billions...."

tell me that shit aint fly???