Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy B-Day Blastmaster KRS-ONE!!!

CRIMINAL MINDED, YOUVE BEEN BLINDED. TRYNA FIND STYLE LIKE MINE, YOU CANT FIND IT!!!

Yo, I could go on and on reciting KRS-One lyrics. KRS-One, along with Rakim, Run-DMC, EPMD, Wu Tang, Nas, Gangstarr, Biggie, and Jigga, help create the soundtrack to the lives of two niggas from the southside of Wichita, wit wack cars but fly kicks, smooth lyrics, and slick words... aka ILLPRINT BITCH!!!

I remember finally copping me a copy of Criminal Minded, my junior year of high school. Kortez got so jealous. These are the type of hip hop heads me and my boy DJ Sleep (Kortez) were. We'd spend most of our money in high school on CDs. Sure, we'd sparingly through in a new fitted some kicks or something, but we'd spend grips at Circuit City, Best Buy, and of course CD Tradepost. Theres just something bout that old hiphop that gets me, inspires Mike Game to all new degrees.

Criminal Minded was my favorite shit for like a year and a half. I think Late Regristration or something came out that just shook me from my I Love The 80's Hip Hop special. But the lyricism on that is amazing. I really truly wish I could rap like that. But I can not, Im from a newer generation, where things like that just arent acceptable. I cant label my rhymes my poetry or talk bout I am teaching kids, I must rap bout bitches blunts and big screen tvs (thanks Steve Berman).

Im tired of cats thinking rap started with Jay-Z and Nas. And Im tired of fakers. Kortez was tellin me bout this dude from High School who was rocking a Run DMC shirt, and Im like "NIGGA YOU DONT EVEN LIKE RUN DMC!!!" I do, I love Run DMC. "Run's House" (not the show, fruits) is my fav song of all time. But this isnt bout all that, its bout the Blastmaster KRS-One. The nigga who made everyone not give a fuck bout Queens. I mean In 1987, "South Bronx" destroyed Queens, it wouldnt be til 94 when Illmatic dropped that niggas even cared bout Queens.

So KRS, this Bud's for you.
Happy Birthday KRS-ONE!!!
R.I.P. Scott La Rock
The Hip To The Hop, And You Dont STOP!!!

1 comment:

kortez antonio said...

"queens niggas run you niggas, ask russel simmons" - Nasty Nas

but criminal minded is the shit! no krs album will ever be as good as that...."edutainment" and "sex and violence" were close tho.