Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Ill-Report: Reckless Abandon, Definate Supremacy....

Live From Illprint Studios....

Its Mike Game, and I thought I'd just give you all some insight on some current Illprint products. While, Illprint isnt as wellknown as I'd love for it to be, I still kind of enjoy its elusiveness. Every song Im ever on with anyone always has mention of the slogan "Its Illprint Bitch". From past songs with Rookie, to songs with my brother Cez out in Philly, my
boy Moses out in New Jeruz (aka New Jersey) to tracks with the homie Chaos, tracks with the 4 Kings of Tru Werdz (a collective of MC's founded on the rapgodfathers.com boards in which Im part of), I always gotta rep my crew. Given, my crew is just me and my partner in rhyme Kortez "K Sleep" Byrd, together we form the 2008 Morris Day and Jerome, on the pimp side of things.Anyways, lets get into the music.

I had originally planned for Reckless Abandon to
feature no guests at all, including Sleep. See, Im recklessly abandoning all that Wichita holds sacred. Im using alot of my favorite beats, and unfortunately, most them were made before 2000. I know Wichita people dont favor too much to the East Coast, who birthed me as an MC. The old Nas, Jay, Big L, and of course WU TANG BITCH!!! Only a few of my contemperaries even mention the names or influence of the brothers to the north. So on Reckless Abandon, its just me, my feelings, and my story. Here soon Ill throw bout 3 tracks from it up over on ICTHIPHOP.BLOGSPOT.COM

The lead-in single from Reckless Abandon is "Dub-K Is Dead", I flipped Nas' "Hip Hop Is Dead". Why? Because I feel that Dub-K is just a stuck in a creative rut. It seems that everyone has that formula for what they should be doing (example, club songs, street songs, and love songs) every mixtape or album has those. No one just says "Fuck you, Im doing whatever I wanna do". Planet Squaria and Music Experience is just whatever the fuck them dudes felt like doing. "Loser Mind" is a phenonemal song. Now dont take "Dub-K Is Dead" to mean Im the greatest guy here in the city and everyone else is dead cuz they suck. Thats not the case. XV, Bling, Cadence, Young Markie, Rookie, and Kaewun make terrific music, with out them, we'd have no music scene.

The second track Im releasing is "Feelin It" ft. K Sleep. In which we just flip Jay-Z's "Feelin It". I felt I abandoned all I represented when me n my boy Yolie did
the Gold Card Gang joint "Members Only". Now dont get me wrong, Im a fan of the CD, I mean I did record it, but I didnt use none of my trademark stylings on it. Im known for my multisylibic rhyme within rhyme schemes. Instead I adapted to what was around me, showing I can do whatever the people want, and still be fantistical.

Got a new player in the Illprint Arena, by the name of Chaos. Now, he is not official member, but part of the family in the same vain that Yolie is. His mixtape, I Am The Dub, is coming off quite smoothly. He just needs to know its his mixtape, so all his non rapping homies who want to be on it, dont have to be on it.


And someday soon watch for that Illprint collective effort known as Definate Supremacy. Itll be ill bitches. Til next time, live love life yal. Illprint Bitch.

-Murda Out


2 comments:

kortez antonio said...

yo son, u forgot the ksleep mixtape, entitled "KSleep Wins, Fatality....Bitch. Vol. 1".

a.k.a "Best. Mixtape. Ever."

Mike Game: King MC said...

LOL, I did forget that