Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Time For A Change

In December, I will release what will be my 10th and FINAL mixtape. Now, through the years Ive flirted with quitting music. And we all know I can not. So, Im not quitting music. Im just done making mixtapes. Im ready for albums, Im ready for that deal or something. I began my recording career in October 2006 with my debut mixtape "P.L.O. Style" and havent looked back since. Heres the complete Mike Game discography:
P.L.O. STYLE (2006)
MR 07 TIL INFINITY (2007)
MEMBERS ONLY (2008)
RECKLESS ABANDON (2008)
THROWAWAYS (2009)
BEFORE I EMBARASS MYSELF (2009)
ABSENT MINDED (2009)
HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (2009)
DEFINATE SUPREMACY (2009)
F.M.L. (2009)

Now the the 3 between BIEM and FML havent been released yet, but they will. Next week Im entering the studio for the last time til the summer, and in one month bring an end to it all. I did one mixtape, and it was my greatest accomplishment. Then I did another one, no one cared. I did Members Only, started buzzing. I did Reckless Abandon (5237 downloads to date, 3000 of them in a month and a half) and all of a sudden I mattered. I was thrust into the upper echeleon of the scene. I did Throwaways and it became a must have for any Mike Game fan (all 2 of em, nooch). I did Before I Embarass Myself and god damn it, it was classic. But it was slept on, I dropped the ball on that. No worries, Ill spend my time after F.M.L. promoting my music to the fullest extent, and hopfully, this time next year, youll be hearing of me all over. P.L.O. Style, Before I Embarass Myself, and F.M.L. are what I call "The Mirror Trilogy". In which, like no other rapper in this town of mine (save for of course XV), I exposed every part of my life to not only myself, but to the world. I will always love them. PLO Style though lacking in sound quality with next to emotion on delivery, it was my very first, my baby. I spent the whole summer of 2006 writing and recording it. Ill never forget the 2 am sessions, the phone calls to Sleep at 5 am after I did a few songs to tell him how dope they were. That summer also introduced me to the man Ill always be associated with, XV. Alot of people know that he's why Im even around today. I started off as a fan, then an associate, then foes. That summer, he did something that no one expected him to do, diss a rapper no one has ever heard of. He was supposed to Ja Rule, ether me further into the irrelevence I was already in. But what happened? I didnt die. I didnt give up on rap. And for the longest, I had been that guy who got ate by XV. Personally, now Ive never heard him say this, its just my opinion, I feel he did that because he saw potential in me. I mean he was gettin hated on and dissed by everyone all the time, and never said nothing. Why me? Well, the whys dont matter, because Im still here. Im still one of the few MCs that matter. And who knows if I had the time to fully dedicate myself to this music like he or KaeWun or SoUniQ or LP The Hoodsta. I could blow this god forsaken town. Now, I use XV as a study guide. We're basically the same person in a way. We both have an obession with music and movies. We both dont fit in. We're both incredibly nice but horribly misunderstood. We're slept on by many. We're either loved or hated, those who like a Mike Game or a XV love everything we do, and the ones who hate us, well they cant find a nice thing to say. The difference between us is age, height (i got 2 inches on the homie, nooch), dedication and exposure. That will soon change. Also, it may seem like I slack on the music tip. But in 3 years I gave you 10 mixtapes, 5 in 2009 alone, I think thats quite remarkable. But I will say this 2010 is my last year doing this. I cant be a local rapper forever, I refuse to. So with that said, get ready for the ride of your life. Because Mike Game is about to be bigger than **Jesus!!!!

**PS Not Jesus in like Jesus Christ, Jesus pronounced Hay-zeus, the 6 ft 300 lb cook over at Alenjandro's, I will be bigger than him

No comments: